Investment as Entrepreneurs Residencies Plan of Hong Kong (Asia)
Investment as Entrepreneurs
This temporary visa allows a stay of 24 months, renewable, provided that the business it is still operating. After the first renewal, the permit must be renewed every 3 years. After 7 years of continuous residency, you may be eligible for permanent residency, provided that you have paid taxes in each year. Direct dependents may be included.
Factors to determine eligibility:
- Business Plan: two-year business plan stating the nature of the business, market analysis, market positioning, business direction, sales targets, product marketing strategy, etc. Two-year forecast of the profit-and-loss account statement, cash flow statement and balance sheet to demonstrate the feasibility of the business in terms of operation, finances and development.
- Business Turnover: in the case of running a relevant business overseas or having joined in a business in Hong Kong, profit-and-loss account statement and balance sheet submission, showing the business turnover and profit in the previous year.
- Financial Resources: statements of personal and company bank accounts in the previous year and proof of other sources of funding, as well as the company’s latest audited financial report (if any) to demonstrate having the sufficient financial resources to run the relevant business in Hong Kong and also support the smooth operation and sustainable growth of the business.
- Investment Sum: proof of the amount of capital investment in Hong Kong.
- Number of jobs created locally.
- Introduction of new technology or skills (if applicable).
Startup Business Scheme:
If you wish to join in a start-up business, the Immigration Department may consider the application favorably, if the start-up business concerned is supported by a government-backed programme with a rigorous vetting and selection process, and you are the proprietor or partner of the start-up company or a key researcher of the relevant project. Examples of government-backed programmes include:
- StartmeupHK Venture Programme administered by InvestHK.
- Incu-App, Incu-Bio and Incu-Tech programmes administered by the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation.
- Cyberport Incubation Programme.
- Small Entrepreneur Research Assistance Programme and Enterprise Support Scheme administered by the Innovation and Technology Commission.
- Design Incubation Programme administered by the Hong Kong Design Centre.
To apply for entry for investment, you must nominate a local sponsor, who can either sponsor you as a company or an individual. If the sponsor is an individual, he/she should be 18 or above, and be a bona fide Hong Kong resident acquainted with you.
- Business Plan
- Hong Kong Sponsor
- Proof of company’s business activities (if applicable)
- Tenancy agreements/supporting documents on office set-up
- Business Registration Certificate and business registration particulars (if applicable)
- Certificate of incorporation (if applicable)
- Letter indicating valid support of government-backed programme (if applicable)
China, Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, North Korea, Nepal, Vietnam
Hong Kong does not have its own citizenship, but does have its own travel document (passport). Only citizens of the People's Republic of China (PRC) who are permanent residents of Hong Kong with a permanent ID card, can apply for a Hong Kong passport.
- One passport-size photo
- Original and photocopy of passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional and academic certificates
- Original Professional Reference Letter (Not older than 6 month)
- Employment contract (if applicable)
- Proof of company's business activities (if applicable)
- Proof of company's financial standing (if applicable)
- Certified copy of Business License or Incorporation documents (if applicable)
- Evidence of Residential Address
- Business Plan
- dual citizenship No
- Family members included Yes
- land ownership No
- Physical residence required No
- Personal visit required No
- Language skills required No
- Interview required No
- Investment Single -
- Investment Family 4 -
- Minimum annual income -
- Time to citizenship
- Time to permanent residency 84
- Visa-free countries 152
- Financing available No
The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of Chinais a former British colony, located in Southeast China. It is composed of a peninsula and several islands located on the coast of the South China Sea, in the Pearl River Delta, 100 km southeast of the city of Guangzhou and east of the Macao Special Administrative Region. It has an area of 2,755 sq. km, and a population of more than 7 million people. Its official languages are English and Cantonese.Although it is part of the People’s Republic of China, the region maintains an independent economic, administrative and judicial system, and even its own currency, system of customs and external borders. Its official legal tender currency is the Hong Kong Dollar, which is the ninth most traded currency worldwide.Hong Kong is a vibrant, densely populated urban center and is a major port and global financial hub with a skyscraper-studded skyline. Its economy is mainly based on services, financial services being one of the main sectors. Despite its small size, Hong Kong ranks eleventh worldwide in volume of banking operations and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange is the second largest capital market in Asia, after the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- National Flag of:Hong Kong
- Area Code:852
- Capital:Hong Kong
- Native Languages:Chinese, , , English
With your new passport from Hong Kong you'll be able to access 152 countries visa freepermanent residency benefits The right to live and work in Hong Kong without any time limit Access to healthcare and education system Obtain mortgage loans from banks temporary residency benefits Set up a profitable business Peaceful democratic and politically stable country Low tax jurisdiction Banking financial and medical hub Territorial tax system Enormous potential for start-ups and Internet entrepreneurs Business-friendly policies Extremely safe modern and livable country High quality of life Access to funding Banking hub Potentially profitable investment Be eventually eligible for permanent residency Low crime rate country
|processing fees main applicant||HK$190|
|total fees main applicant||HK$190|
|processing fees spouse||HK$190|
|total fees spouse||HK$190|
|processing fees dependents -18||HK$190|
|total fees dependent -18||HK$190|
Individuals who ordinarily reside in Hong Kong or stay in the country for more than 180 days per year or more than 300 days in two consecutive years may be considered Hong Kong tax residents. However, tax residency rules may vary according to a tax treaty.
In Hong Kong, income tax is levied on a territorial basis. This means that both residents and non-residents are subject to income tax on their income accrued in Hong Kong, foreign-source income being exempt from taxation.
Personal income tax on salaries is levied at a progressive rate from 2% to 17% on income exceeding HKD120,000. Income from business is taxed under profits tax (16.5%). Dividend and interest income are exempt from taxation. Capital gains are usually tax-exempt, although those derived from certain trading assets may be subject to profits tax.
Rental income is taxed under property tax, at a 15% on the net assessable value of land or buildings. Property tax does not apply on residential properties occupied by the owner for self-use. Note that while it is possible to buy condominium units, land is owned by the government and its tenure is on a renewable leasehold basis.
There is a stamp duty on contracts of sale and purchase of Hong Kong registered stocks (0.2%) and the transfer of immovable property, up to 8.5%. There is a special stamp duty on the resale of properties held less than 36 months from 10% to 20%.
There are no V.A.T., inheritance or net wealth taxes in Hong Kong.
Regarding corporate taxation, Hong Kong resident entities are taxed on their local-source income at a flat rate of 16.5%.
Dividends received and capital gains are not generally subject to taxation. There are no withholding taxes on dividend and interest payments to non-residents. To learn more about Hong Kong corporate legal framework, taxation and tax treaties, check out incorporations.io/hong-kong.
|Net worth tax||No|
|Tax residency days||180|
|Personal income tax rate||17%|
|Capital Gains tax rate||0%|
|Investment income tax rate||0%|
Hong Kong immigration, Hong Kong start-up investment visa, Hong Kong investment immigration, Hong Kong self-employed immigration, Hong Kong entrepreneurs visa, Hong Kong golden visa, Hong Kong real estate immigration, Hong Kong bank deposit immigration, Hong Kong active business investment, Hong Kong bonds immigration, Hong Kong entrepreneurship immigration, Hong Kong pension immigration, Hong Kong proof of income immigration, Hong Kong Passive Income immigration, Hong Kong Private equity immigration, Hong Kong Venture capital immigration, Hong Kong second citizenship, Hong Kong visa, Hong Kong citizenship, Hong Kong RESIDENCY, Hong Kong education, Hong Kong Citizenship by investment, Hong Kong Residency by investment, Hong Kong Immigration by investment, Hong Kong Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot,