Residency through business Residencies Plan of Georgia (Asia)
Residency through business
According to new regulations that came into force on July 5th, 2019, it is now obligatory that companies registered by foreigners need to have a minimum annual turnover of GEL 50,000 (around USD 20,000) if they are to be eligible for temporary residency.
Applicants employed in Georgian companies are also eligible to apply for temporary residence, provided that certain requirements are met.
The Temporary residence permit of Georgia is issued for periods of 6 months up to 6 years. Usually, the first issue is for a period of 6 months or 1 year.
After the applicant receives their Georgian Residence Card, his/her spouse and children are also eligible for a TRP.
Applicants that are interested in establishing a company in Georgia do not necessarily need to visit the country to do so; using power of attorney, our service partners in Georgia will be able to handle all the paperwork and bureaucratic processes, and also make the necessary submission for applying for temporary residency.
After 10 years of continuous, legal residency in Georgia, foreigners may be eligible to apply for Georgian citizenship, if they meet certain conditions, such as knowing the local language, history and customs, and/or have married a Georgian citizen, or are engaged in economic activities considered important to the Georgian state and economy.
Startup or EmploymentRegistration of a company in Georgia with a demonstrated annual turnover of at least GEL 50,000 (USD 20,000), or employment in a Georgian company.
- For most types of business, no start-up capital is required for incorporating a Limited Liability Company in Georgia.
- Registration is only carried out once, and there is no need for registration renewal annually.
- The amount of shareholders can be from 1 to 50 persons and there are no requirements regarding having local partners. An LLC can be totally owned and managed by foreign citizens.
- Foreign employees should be registered in a company with a minimum annual turnover of GEL 50,000 per each foreigner employed. They should also have a contract valid for at least 6 months and receive a minimum GEL 1,000 per month salary.
- Clean Criminal Record
Required steps after company registration:
- The applicant should have minimum turnover in his/her Georgian company of minimum 50,000 GEL (20,000 USD);
- The applicant must open his/her personal bank account in Georgia and put minimum 5000 USD on his/her personal bank account and obtain an account statement. This money can be withdrawn after the residency application has been submitted.
- We will prepare all necessary documents and submit the residency application together with the applicant;
- After the applicant fulfills the obligation of demonstrating a minimum GEL 50,000 turnover in his/her company, we can submit the residency application and the whole process (submitting application, getting approval on residency and collection of TR Card) takes roughly 45 calendar days. During this period, the applicant can leave Georgia after submitting the application and return after receiving approval on residency.
No nationality is officially restricted
Dual citizenship is not recognized in Georgia. To become a citizen of Georgia, you must renounce your previous nationality.
Dual Citizenship not permitted except by special Presidential Decree
- Certificate of legal stay in the country
- Documents certifying Business Investment
- Receipt of payment of fees
- Certified copy of passport
- Employment contract
- Documents certifying position and salary
- dual citizenship No
- Family members included Yes
- land ownership No
- Physical residence required No
- Personal visit required No
- Language skills required No
- Interview required No
- Investment Single
- Investment Family 4
- Minimum annual income $4,200
- Time to citizenship 120
- Time to permanent residency 66
- Visa-free countries 113
- Financing available No
Georgia is a former Soviet Republic, located on the border between Europe and Asia, on the east cost of the Black Sea. It shares borders with Russia to the north, with Turkey and Armenia to the south, and Azerbaijan to the southeast. It has a population of just over 3.7 million inhabitants, half of which live in Tbilisi, its capital. Its official language is Georgian and its legal tender currency is the Georgian Lari.
- National Flag of:Georgia
- Area Code:995
- Native Languages:, Russian, ,
With your new passport from Georgia you'll be able to access 113 countries visa freecitizenship benefits Visa-free or Visa on arrival to 113 countries including The right to live and work in Georgia at all times permanent residency benefits The right to live and work in Georgia without any time limit Fast and easy process Business-friendly policies Be eventually eligible for citizenship Potentially profitable investment Territorial tax system Low tax jurisdiction
Tax residents in Georgia are those who reside for at least 183 days in Georgian territory.
Tax residents are only taxed on their Georgian-source income. This means that income earned abroad is not subject to Georgian taxation.
The flat tax rate is 20%, although dividends and interest income is taxed at a 5% final withholding tax on source and not included in the personal tax base.
Rental income from residential properties are also subject to a reduced 5% tax rate, provided that no deductions are taken from this income.
Capital Gains are usually subject to the income standard tax rate, but an exemption may apply from gains on the sale of real property, if it has been held at least two years. Gains on the sale of a residential property with an attached land plot are subject to a reduced tax rate of 5%.
Individuals owning real estate are subject to a real property tax ranging from 0.8% to 1% on the property market value. However, households with annual income below GEL 40,000 are exempted and those with annual income between GEL 40,000 and GEL 100,000 are subject to a reduced tax rate ranging from 0.05% and 0.2% on the property market value.
In Georgia, there are no net wealth, inheritance or transfer taxes. Gifts of a certain value may be subject to taxation.
In the event that your business activities are 100% IT services, we can help you to obtain the status of a Virtual Zone Company which will provide the following tax benefits: 0% - profit tax from services delivered outside Georgia and 0% VAT.
The V.A.T. standard rate is 18%. Certain goods and service transactions are tax exempt.
Regarding corporate taxation, resident entities are subject to a 15% tax on their profits, whether derived from local or foreign sources. Undistributed profits are not subject to taxation. If you want to learn more about Georgia’s corporate taxation, legal framework and tax treaties, you can check out incorporations.io/georgia.
|Net worth tax||No|
|Tax residency days||183|
|Personal income tax rate||20%|
|Capital Gains tax rate||20%|
|Investment income tax rate||5%|
Georgia immigration, Georgia start-up investment visa, Georgia investment immigration, Georgia self-employed immigration, Georgia entrepreneurs visa, Georgia golden visa, Georgia real estate immigration, Georgia bank deposit immigration, Georgia active business investment, Georgia bonds immigration, Georgia entrepreneurship immigration, Georgia pension immigration, Georgia proof of income immigration, Georgia Passive Income immigration, Georgia Private equity immigration, Georgia Venture capital immigration, Georgia second citizenship, Georgia visa, Georgia citizenship, Georgia RESIDENCY, Georgia education, Georgia Citizenship by investment, Georgia Residency by investment, Georgia Immigration by investment, Georgia Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot,